Intended Audience: engineers, architects, technicians and construction professionals
PDH UNITS: 3
This course will introduce you to minimum requirements for handicapped accessibility for buildings and related infrastructure. You will learn about the terminology, scope and technical requirements for accessible elements of buildings, routes, parking lots and related features. Course Outline 1. PURPOSE 2. GENERAL 3. MISCELLANEOUS INSTRUCTIONS AND DEFINITIONS 4. ACCESSIBLE ELEMENTS AND SPACES: SCOPE AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS This is an introduction to minimum requirements for handicapped accessibility for buildings and related infrastructure,
Learning ObjectivesAt the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Learn the general terminology applicable to handicapped accessibility standards.
- Learn the definitions of accessibility features and elements.
- Learn about essential elements and spaces that make a building or facility usable by, or serve the needs of, its occupants or users.
- Learn the requirements for ramps incorporated into accessible routes for buildings.
- Learn the definition of structural impracticability and how it applies to accessibility standards.
- Learn the definition of requirements for accessible routes.
- Learn the requirements for accessible restrooms and toilet fixtures.
- Learn the requirements for handicapped accessible parking spaces in parking lots.