E – 1327 Asphalt Concrete Pavement Recycling
Intended Audience: civil engineers
PDH UNITS: 3
This publication contains guidance for preparing plans and specifications and for ensuring the quality of recycled bituminous concrete. In addition, this publication provides useful information to design engineers, laboratory personnel, and inspectors concerning the mix design, plant production, and laydown of recycled pavement mixtures. The emphasis is on airfield pavements, however, the concepts also apply to other pavements. Recycling pavement materials has proved to be a feasible process to rehabilitate worn-out pavements. Since recycled pavements will not always be cost-effective, recycling should be considered as an option when repairing or rehabilitating existing pavements.
2. Surface Recycling of Pavements
3. Recycled Cold-Mix Asphalt Concrete
4. Recycled Hot-Mix Asphalt Concrete
After completion of this course you will be prepared to evaluate pavement recycling as an option for management of asphalt concrete pavement programs.
At the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Learn about the technology and equipment employed in pavement recycling;
- Learn about surface recycling;
- Learn about cold-mix recycling;
- Learn about hot-mix recycling;
- Learn advantages and disadvantages of asphalt concrete and portland cement concrete pavement recycling;
- Learn about the application of rejuvenators; and
- Learn about heater planing scarifying.
No Reviews found for this course.