[Live Webinar] Bolting and Welding of Steel Structures
Intended Audience: Civil & Structure Engineers.
Credits: 2 PDH Units
When: Wednesday 12/7. 2 – 4 pm ET
Bolting and welding of steel structures will be presented in a broad term. This webinar will discuss the bolted joints and some practical techniques to assure the quality of the steel structural joints. Also, different types of welds and welding joints will be presented. This webinar is intended to give some practical overview of steel joints. Different types of bolts and welds and their installation are also covered. The latest of AISC steel design manual will be used to design simple steel joints. The presentation begins with types of bolts and ends up with an example of welded joint design.
This webinar benefits engineers and practitioners in structural steel design and structural steel construction industry. It is an introductory course and can be considered as a review course. This presentation is not intended to those with extensive experience in welding and steel joint construction.
Bolting and Welding of Steel Structures- An Overview, you’ll learn …
- General background about structural steel
- An understanding of the different ways that structural steel is connected
- Insight into types of bolts and their installation
- An awareness of types of bolted joints used for structural steel
- Knowledge of welding terminology, weld types, and welding processes
- Familiarity with common weld inspection methods and considerations associated with field welding
- Basic design of steel joints.
Date: Wednesday. December 7. 2022. Starts: 2 – 4 pm ET
Credits: 2 PDH Units
At the successful conclusion of this course, you will learn the following knowledge and skills:
- Structural bolting
- Types of bolts
- Bolts and joint failure modes
- Bolt inspection
- Bolting cost considerations
- Structural welding
- Welding terminology
- Types of welds
- Weld symbols
- Basic welding techniques
- Welding safety
- Welding inspection
- Welding cost considerations
Special Webinar Instructions
After payment, please visit this webinar page, click “Start Course” and fill out the Webinar Registration Form. You’ll receive email notification and details on how to join the webinar. You will then be able to access the webinar slides, test your system and receive webinar reminders. After completing the webinar requirements, your certificate of completion will be saved and available for download in your profile.
We value your feedback! Please rate this webinar after completion.