E – 1861 Indiana Statutes and Rules for Professional Engineers 2020-2022 Biennium
Intended Audience: All Engineers. seeking to satisfy the continuing education requirement of the Indiana Board of Professional Engineers.
PDH UNITS: 1
Professional Engineers seeking to renew their licenses in Indiana are required to take a course on Indiana statutes and rules applicable to the practice of professional engineering. The present course is designed to meet that requirement.
This course is based on excerpts from Title 25 of the Indiana Code and from Article 1.1 of the Indiana Administrative Code given in the course document, Indiana Statutes and Rules for Professional Engineers 2020-2022 Biennium, by Mark Rossow.
Upon completion of the Course, the student should understand:
- Course participants will learn the composition and function of the Indiana State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers.
- Course participants will be able to discuss knowledgeably the “Rules of Professional Conduct” expected of Professional Engineers.
- Course participants will be able to describe the requirements for continuing education.
- Course participants will understand the terms used commonly in the disciplinary process.
- Through case studies, course participants will become familiar with the operation of the Board in monitoring and disciplining Professional Engineers who violate Indiana statutes and rules.