Intended Audience: mechanical engineers and other design and construction professionals
PDH UNITS: 3
This course provides an introduction to condensers and auxiliary equipment for steam power plants. Auxiliary equipment discussed includes condensate storage and transfer, feedwater heaters, heater drain pumps, deaerators, boiler feed pumps, pressure reducing and desuperheating stations, compressed air system, and auxiliary cooling water system. Course Outline 1. STEAM CONDENSERS 2. AUXILIARY EQUIPMENT This course will give you professional tools that will allow you to address steam power plant design issues involving condensers and auxiliary systems.
Learning ObjectivesAt the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Learn about spray and surface type condensers;
- Learn about air cooler sections of condensers;
- Learn the fundamentals of condenser sizing;
- Learn about condenser materials;
- Learn the requirements for condenser support;
- Learn about condenser air removal;
- Learn about condensate storage and transfer;
- Learn the fundamentals of feedwater heaters;
- Learn about equipment required for compressed air systems; and
- Learn about auxiliary cooling water systems.