Intended Audience: Illinois structural engineers seeking to renew their licenses.
PDH UNITS: 1
This course is designed to meet the Illinois Structural Engineering Board requirement that, of the 30 PDHs of continuing education courses required per renewal period, at least 1 PDH must be devoted to study of Illinois statutes and rules that regulate structural engineering. The course discusses the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS), Illinois Administrative Code (IAC), Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR), Structural Engineering Board, and Joint Committee on Administrative Rules. Extensive excerpts from the ILCS and IAC are presented. This course is based on the document, “Illinois Statutes and Rules for Structural Engineering,” by Mark Rossow.
Learning Objectives:At the successful conclusion of this course, you will learn the following knowledge and skills:
- Learning duties of the Complaint Committee of the Structural Engineering Board
- Learning that continuing education courses that are non-structural in nature shall not be counted towards the 30-PDH course requirement unless the licensee can substantiate how the course enhances their license
- Understanding the functioning of the IDFPR
- Learning how legislation is monitored for potential effects on rulemaking
- Knowing how long a licensee must maintain records of continuing education courses