Intended Audience: mechanical, electrical and architectural engineers and other design and construction professionals
PDH UNITS: 3
This course provides an introduction to special considerations in design of plumbing, HVAC, electrical distribution and miscellaneous features and systems in tropical climates where high humidity, heat, heavy rain and seafront conditions are common.
6. SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION
This course will give mechanical, electrical, architectural, structural and civil engineers and other design and construction professionals an introduction to tropical engineering of building mechanical, electrical and miscellaneous building systems and features..
At the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Learn about the recommended materials for plumbing fixtures;
- Learn about requirements for chilled water system piping and equipment;
- Learn how to control condensation in tropical facilities;
- Learn the guidelines for HVAC ductwork insulation;
- Learn about air conditioning system sizing criteria;
- Learn guidelines for installation of electrical equipment, wiring and devices in the tropics; and
- Learn how to avoid problems with miscellaneous construction materials in tropical climates.
No Reviews found for this course.