Intended Audience: Civil Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Environmental Engineers, Chemical Engineers, Industrial Engineers
PDH UNITS: 4
What Engineers Need to Know About Fluid Dynamics
In order to stay abreast of current hydraulics engineering fundamentals and applications today, it’s critical to be versed on the concepts of fluid dynamics and the analysis involved in hydrostatics, hydrodynamics and hydraulic machines.
Delve into this online PDH course exploring the elements of fluid dynamics, hydrodynamics and hydraulic machines for those with little or no fluids background.
More specifically, this engineering course will transition from hydraulics concepts to the actual laws, mathematical equations, sample problems and practical hydraulics real-life case study examples. As such, this course can be used to satisfy the Professional Development Hour (PDH) engineering continuing education requirement established by state boards and other licensure agencies.
- Hydrostatics concepts and analysis
- Fundamentals of fluid dynamics.
- Mathematical principles and analytical methods for solving hydrodynamics problems
- Application of Bernoulli, Darcy, Manning and other hydrodynamics equations
- Study of hydraulic machines commonly applied in industrial and commercial environment
- Review of “wire-t- water “and “water-to-wire” power flow and efficiency
- Mathematical analysis involving matching of system head requirements with available pump curves
No Reviews found for this course.