Intended Audience: mechanical engineers and other design and construction professionals
PDH UNITS: 3
This course provides an introduction to controls and control systems for steam power plants. Devices and systems discussed include safety devices and interlocks, control loops, flowmeters, pressure gauges, temperature sensors, transmitters, recorders, controllers, operators, and positioners. Course Outline 1. TYPES OF CONTROLS AND CONTROL SYSTEMS 2. STEAM POWER PLANT CONTROLS 3. SAFETY DEVICES AND INTERLOCKS 4. CONTROL LOOPS 5. FLOW METERS 6. PRESSURE GAUGES 7. TEMPERATURE SENSORS 8. TRANSMITTERS 9. RECORDERS 10. CONTROLLERS 11. OPERATORS 12. POSITIONERS 13. CONTROL ROOM This course will give you professional tools that will allow you to address steam power plant control issues on a variety of projects.
Learning ObjectivesAt the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Learn about the different types of controls and control systems;
- Learn about safety devices and interlocks;
- Learn the fundamentals of control loops;
- Learn about flowmeter applications;
- Learn how to employ pressure gauges and temperature sensors;
- Learn about transmitters and recorders;
- Learn about operators;
- Learn the fundamentals of controllers; and
- Learn the important features of control room layout.