E – 1870 How to Analyze Common Construction Defects and Failures
The objective of this two hours course is to assist licensed design professionals or general contractors in assessment, evaluation, and analysis of most common structural failures and construction defects. The course covers various aspects of building structures including, structural framing members, foundation systems and soil related issues. Types of construction materials covered include wood/timber, steel, and concrete.
This course’s forensic investigation case studies cover;
- Multi-story steel fame hospital structure in CA,
- Residential structure’s roof diaphragm defect in WA,
- Residential structure damaged by fire incident in CA,
- Multi-use trail steel bridge impacted by wild fire incident in CA,
- Residential concrete retaining structure stuck by a vehicular impact in CA,
- And more.