E - 1324 Tropical Engineering: Building Envelope
0( 0 REVIEWS )
E – 1324 Tropical Engineering: Building Envelope
Intended Audience: civil and architectural engineers and other design and construction professionals
PDH UNITS: 3
0 STUDENTS ENROLLED
This publication provides an introduction to design of building envelopes in tropical climates where heat and humidity are important considerations. Discussed are roofing, wall materials, windows, doors, finishes and miscellaneous specialties.
1. THERMAL AND MOISTURE PROTECTION
2. DOORS AND WINDOWS
This course will give civil and architectural, engineers and other design and construction professionals an introduction to tropical engineering of building envelope systems and features.
At the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Learn about special requirements for insulation and roofing products and systems;
- Learn the materials and features needed in windows and doors in the tropics;
- Learn how to design and specify interior and exterior finishes;
- Learn about the adverse conditions presented by tropical humidity;
- Learn special considerations at seafront locations;
- Learn guidelines for installation of exterior finished; and
- Learn how to design the building envelope for rain, heat and humidity protection.
No Reviews found for this course.