The New Supply Chain: Foundation & KPIs for Success
Intended Audience: project managers, process leaders, or simply anyone wanting to gain a basic knowledge of how a supply chain works.
PDH UNITS: 3
End-to-End Supply Chain Management
The supply chain is the beating heart of effective business operations. It involves an integrated set of processes to produce, source and deliver goods and services. This includes all of the functions, facilities, mechanisms and end-to-end work flows that contribute to the transformation of products from their raw form to the end consumer.
But with the continued evolution of technology and the uncertainties this presents, the supply chain is not what it used to be. When managed properly, however, it can be the key to success.
This course is narrated by an industry luminary and Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) with more than 30 years of experience in operations management, training and organizational evolution. The purpose of this PDH course is to help engineers and related professionals understand the many interrelated components within the supply chain and the communications tools commonly used by the most successful manufacturers and service providers. We’ll also walk through how to best use the various metrics associated with managing the new reality of the supply chain in real-world applications.
Supply Chain Learning Objectives
At the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the general flow of a supply chain and list the typical components within it
- Explain how the supply chains of manufacturers and service providers differ and are alike
- Define correctly and use appropriately the various associated terms
- Learn to use key performance indicators
- Identify typical uncertainties and ways to protect against them
- Describe how technology has changed the traditional supply chain and can be used as a tool for success
- Describe the advantages of trust and communication between the various players
No Reviews found for this course.