E – 1408 – South Carolina Laws & Regulations for Professional Engineers
Intended Audience: All engineers
PDH UNITS: 2
This online engineering PDH course presents the laws and regulations governing Professional Engineers in the State of South Carolina.
This course is based on a compilation of Chapter 22 (“Engineers and Surveyors”) of Title 40 (“Professions and Occupations”) of the South Carolina Code of Laws and Chapter 49 (“Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation – South Carolina State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors”) of the South Carolina Code of State Regulations.
At the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Organization, administration, and procedures of the Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- Requirements for becoming licensed initially
Rules of professional conduct
- Requirements for continuing professional
- competency: renewing licensing, continuing education, including the total number of professional development hours, rules for documenting continuing education, and the relation between academic course work and PDHs
- Procedure for filing a complaint involving a professional engineer
- Procedure for processing, investigating, and resolving a complaint made to the board
- Penalties for infractions of board regulations
No Reviews found for this course.