E – 1296 – Small Entity Compliance Guide to Renovate Right
Intended Audience: engineers responsible for compliance with EPA regulations involving renovation work of older homes or child-occupied facilities
PDH UNITS: 4
EPA’s 2008 Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair and Painting Program Rule, is aimed at protecting against lead-based paint hazards in older homes and child-occupied facilities. This course describes how compliance with the rule can be achieved through pre-renovation education, employee training, renovator certification, firm certification, and proper work practices. EPA compliance monitoring and enforcement are also discussed.
This course is based on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency document, “Small Entity Compliance Guide to Renovate Right,” (http://www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/brochure.htm).
At the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Definition of renovation as stated by the Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair and Painting program rule
- Types of buildings covered by the program
- Pre-renovation education requirements
- Need for employee training conducted by certified renovator
- Responsibilities of a certified firm
- Responsibilities of a certified renovator
- Record-keeping requirements
- Lead-safe work practices
- EPA monitoring of compliance
- Enforcement action
No Reviews found for this course.