Intended Audience: civil, structural and geotechnical engineers and other design and construction professionals
PDH UNITS: 3
This is an introduction to planning and design considerations that arise where there is a requirement to backfill around subsurface structures.
2. PLANNING AND DESIGN OF STRUCTURES AND EXCAVATIONS TO ACCOMMODATE BACKFILL OPERATIONS
3. EVALUATION, DESIGN, AND PROCESSING OF BACKFILL MATERIALS
This course will prepare you to address backfilling issues in the planning, design and construction of subsurface structures, including buildings, tunnels and aqueducts.
At the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- learn about the effect of excavation and structural configuration on backfill operations;
- Learn about the importance of open and confined zones in backfill operations;
- Learn how to address issues presented by subsurface structures with curved bottoms;
- Learn how to accommodate service conduits in backfill operations;
- Learn about special considerations with thin-walled corrugated metal structures; and
- Learn about the critical backfill zones.
No Reviews found for this course.