[Live Webinar] Essentials of Photovoltaic System Design
Intended Audience: Electrical Engineers
Credits: 2 PDH Units
When: Wednesday 10/27. 2 – 4 pm EST
This 2-hour presentation is based on the experiences of the author in PV design over the past 20 years. It covers selection of a system from stand-alone or grid-connected options and straight grid-connect or battery backup grid-connect options. Once the system has been selected, it covers structural design considerations and calculations, electrical design considerations and calculations and estimating system performance.
- Messenger & Abtahi, Photovoltaic Systems Engineering, 4th Edition, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL 2017.
- NFPA 70, National Electrical Code, 2020 Edition
- ASCE 7-10, Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures
Date: Wednesday. October 27. Starts: 2 – 4 pm ET
Credits: 2 PDH Units
Upon completion of the course, the student should understand the terminology and the economic, environmental and possible emergency or standby power availability benefits associated with design and installation of a PV system. Specific topics discussed are
- How much energy is available from the sun in various locations.
- How to decide what kind of system is best for a particular application.
- Grid-connected system design details and options.
- Equipment selection criteria.
- Electrical and structural properties of PV modules,
- Laying out a system on a roof or on the ground.
- Wind load analysis of system.
- Annual system performance analysis based upon location, tilt and orientation.
- Array mounting methods – advantages and disadvantages.
- Electrical design details.
Special Webinar Instructions
After payment, please visit this webinar page, click “Start Course” and fill out the Webinar Registration Form. You’ll receive email notification and details on how to join the webinar. You will then be able to access the webinar slides, test your system and receive webinar reminders. After completing the webinar requirements, your certificate of completion will be saved and available for download in your profile.
We value your feedback! Please rate this webinar after completion.
Group Discounts Available