[Live Webinar] Energy Storage Technologies for Solar and Wind Power
Intended Audience: Electrical, Environmental & Energy Engineers
Credits: 2 PDH Units
When: Wednesday 9/22. 10 am – 12 pm ET
This Webinar covers past, present and possible future methods of energy storage that will be necessary to meet the goal of 80% of U.S. 2050 electrical energy production by renewables. In the years since 2012, excellent progress has occurred in the implementation of the study conclusions, as shown by recent updates to the 2012 material.
The presentation is based on Volume 2, Chapter 12, of the National Renewable Energy Laboratories Renewable Electricity Futures Study of 2012, edited by M.M. Hand, G. Porro, T. Mai, M. Meshek and D. Sandor of NREL, J. M. Reilly of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, S. Baldwin of the USDOE, E. DeMeo, Renewable Energy Consulting Services, Inc. and D. Argent of the Joint Institute for Strategic Energy Analysis.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratories, Renewable Energy Futures Study, Volume 2, Chapter 12, 2012.
- Messenger & Abtahi, Photovoltaic Systems Engineering, 4th Edition, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL 2017.
- Stanfield, Petta & Auck, Charging Ahead: An Energy Storage Guide for State Policymakers, Interstate Renewable Energy Council, April 2017. (IREC)
- Lazard’s Levelized Cost of Storage Analysis 2.0
Date: Wednesday. September 22, 2021. Starts: 10 am – 12 pm ET
Credits: 2 PDH Units
At the successful conclusion of this webinar, you will learn the following knowledge and skills:
- The reasons for interest in and the need for energy storage.
- Small scale battery storage for PV systems.
- Energy storage vs capacity storage.
- Recent large battery storage projects.
- Efficiency and economics of large storage systems.
- Existing pumped hydro, compressed air and battery storage systems
- Emerging storage technologies: Flywheels, capacitors, superconducting magnets, hydrogen, weight lifting.
- Where the energy storage action is.
- Possible future scenarios for meeting the 2050 80% renewables goal.
Special Webinar Instructions
After payment, please visit this webinar page, click “Start Course” and fill out the Webinar Registration Form. You’ll receive email notification and details on how to join the webinar. You will then be able to access the webinar slides, test your system and receive webinar reminders. After completing the webinar requirements, your certificate of completion will be saved and available for download in your profile.
We value your feedback! Please rate this webinar after completion.