E – 1190 Introduction to Fuel Handling for Boiler Plants
Intended Audience: mechanical and civil engineers, wanting an introduction to methods and techniques for handling fuels at central boiler plants.
PDH UNITS: 3
This course addresses requirements for fuel handling and storage systems for gas, oil and coal fired boiler plants. It is intended to give a basic understanding of how to select handling and storage system equipment for a small to medium size boiler plant.
At the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Learn about handling methods for gas, oil and coal fuel handling at central boiler plants;
- Learn about rail car management issues;
- Become familiar with conveyor systems design for solid fuel handling;
- Learn the fundamentals of coal crushing equipment;
- Learn how to address spontaneous combustion risks when storing coal;
- Learn about fire protection issues when handling bulk fuel for boiler plants; and
Learn about pneumatic, screw and bucket conveying systems.
No Reviews found for this course.