E – 1863 HVAC System for Cars and Automotive Vehicles
Intended Audience: HVAC & Mechanical Engineers.
PDH UNITS: 6
A vehicle Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system is not just desirable but is necessary standard equipment even in entry-level vehicles manufactured today. The desire for even more comfort and luxury has led to the development of the automatic climate control systems available for luxury models.
The primary purpose of HVAC system is to provide comfortable ride for the driver and on-board passengers. In addition to providing a comfortable ride, the air conditioner also dehumidifies the cabin air, thus preventing windows from fogging up. They also play a key role in terms of safety. Even during the extreme conditions, it provides safety by ensuring demisting of the cab environment and defogging of windows in all kinds of weather.
HVAC in passenger cars is a complex system comprising one or more blower motors coupled with many ducts through which air is transferred to the cabin, actuators for airflow, temperature and fogging control, and refrigeration and heating unit in the hood. This 6-hour course provides an overview of automotive HVAC system and approaches to climate control systems. This course can be used either as induction, awareness, and refresher training. The course will be beneficial to anyone interested or working with refrigeration, air conditioning and heating and mobile air conditioning systems.
At the successful conclusion of this webinar, you will learn the following knowledge and skills:
- Explain refrigeration fundamentals
- Describe the difference between the high and low sides of the system
- List the major heating and air-conditioning components and their operation
- Describe different types of refrigeration compressors
- Identify the automatic sensors and safety devices used
- Describe the features of an automatic climate control system
- Learn the different types of refrigerants, environmental regulations, and challenges
- Perform diagnosis of common problems
- Understand the repair and troubleshooting techniques.
No Reviews found for this course.