Intended Audience: All Engineers. seeking to satisfy the continuing education requirement of the Florida Board of Professional Engineers.
PDH UNITS: 1
This course is designed to meet the Florida Board of Professional Engineers continuing education requirement that a minimum of 1 PDH per renewal period must be devoted to study of recent changes (that affect engineering practice) in
- Chapter 61G15 of the Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C), “Board of Professional Engineers Organization & Purpose”
- Chapter 455 of Title XXXII of the Florida Statutes – “Business and Professional Regulation: General Provisions”
- Chapter 471 of Title XXXII of the Florida Statutes - “Engineering”
Learning ObjectivesUpon completion of the Course, the student should understand:
- Participants will be able to describe expansions of the lists of aggravating and mitigating circumstances to be taken into account in disciplinary proceedings.
- Participants will be able to state the restriction on the Board’s ability to suspend a license because of default on a student loan.
- Participants will be able to describe limitations on the Board’s use of an applicant’s criminal history (if it exists) in denying a license application.
- Participants will be able to state recent changes in the rules for reinstating void licenses.
- Participants will be able to explain and justify recent disciplinary actions involving violations of professional engineering laws and rules.