E – 1811 Value Engineering Product Management
Intended Audience: All Engineers.
PDH UNITS: 2
Value Engineering Product Management is an essential function for organizations in the engineering, manufacturing, and technology space. This function can be considered as the product fulcrum, which plays a central role in any activity related to the product portfolio. The Value Engineering Product Management program incorporates real-life experience from twenty years of engineering, product management/development in the manufacturing industry. This program outlines the value of PM-Engineering-Sales-Ops synchronization to turn challenging opportunities into sustainable wins. When strategic planning is done by an outside organization without the involvement of the portfolio product and engineering manager, it may eventually lead to less desired impacts, such as: losing control over strategy, vision, and mission. As a result, your organization may experience inconsistencies leading to quality issues, higher costs, and Time to Market (TTM) delays.
Value engineering product management teaches you how to optimize the value of your product by maximizing the synchronization of all product teams involved in the strategy execution.
- Clarity–Understanding your product, business,and organizational impact
- Strategy Development -Define scope, market opportunity and positioning strategy
At the successful conclusion of this course, you will learn the following knowledge and skills:
- Enable your VEPM’s to develop and implement strategic plans aligned with your vision and mission
- Fill the strategy gaps to benefit your overall organizational growth aspirations
- Supplement your teams’ skills and optimize your assets to improve your overall results
- Creates consistency and sustainability across the organization leading to better quality, increased profit and competitive TTM.