E - 1667 Ins and Outs of Professional Conduct & Workplace Ethics
E – 1667 Ins and Outs of Professional Conduct & Workplace Ethics
Intended Audience: All Professionals
PDH UNITS: 2
Every day you face decisions that have ethical implications. And while the safety of the organization AND the public is every professional’s primary concern; time, resource pressures, and personal ideologies can often challenge these commitments. But by taking a proactive approach to professional conduct and workplace ethics, you can mitigate this risk, avoid legal implications, and build a working atmosphere of integrity, trust, and purpose.
Join Dr. David Williams in our online course to explore the challenges of professional conduct and how to take a proactive stance, develop an effective and sustainable set of guidelines for an organization, distinguish the difference between a Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics, and deal with ethically challenging situations.
In this short course, we’ll discuss how to develop a strong and sustainable set of professional conduct and workplace ethics as well as time-tested guidelines to mitigate ethics creep, avoid legal implications, and build a solid, ethical foundation for a healthy workplace culture. Within this discussion, we’ll explore common ethical topics and challenges, and detail the best practices to navigate ethically challenging situations. Additionally, we’ll discuss the difference between a Code of Conduct and a Code of Ethics. This short course will conclude by examining several examples of effective Codes of Ethics for both working professionals and public officials.
Please note: this short course on professional conduct and ethics is intended to fulfill the annual ethics course requirements for most professional certifications and registrations.
At the successful conclusion of this online course, you’ll have learned and discussed:
- Identify the pitfalls of “ethics creep” that can slowly erode professional conduct and ethics.
- Understand how to determine an ethical path when doing business with others.
- Gain guidance on how to establish a personal and professional moral compass related to professional conduct.
- Identify the difference between a Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics.
- Gain a clearer picture of the problems that ethically challenging situations present.
- Determine the best course(s) of action to resolve ethical dilemmas by asking certain questions posed in this presentation.
No Reviews found for this course.