E – 1153 – Principles of Steel Design
Intended Audience: engineers, technicians, and other professionals who have some background in steel design
PDH UNITS: 4
This course introduces basic and advanced concepts of steel design in general, and is designed for engineers, technicians, and other professionals who have some background in steel design. Discussion of fundamental steel concepts will be followed by an update on steel design codes. This steel design code update will be presented in a simplified form, making it easy to understand and easy to apply. The course offers Non-Structural Engineers an opportunity to gain familiarization with general concepts and principles of steel design and design criteria, as well as basic use of the steel design code. This course is using the latest edition of the AISC steel design manual, Edition 14th.
- LRFD and ASD design methods
- Analysis and design of tension members
- Analysis and design of compression members
- Design of simple beams, and continuous beams
- Analysis and design of beam-columns
- Steel connections
- Differences and similarities between the ASD and LRFD methods
- Illustration of the main steel design concepts
No Reviews found for this course.