E – 1197 – Design of Solar Water Heating Systems
Intended Audience: mechanical engineers and other design and construction professionals
PDH UNITS: 3
This course presents the information required to design a solar energy water heating system, after planning and system selection have been completed.
This course will give you an introduction to solar hot water heating systems design.
INTRODUCTION, COLLECTOR SUB-SYSTEM, STORAGE SUB-SYSTEM, CONTROL SUB-SYSTEM, FALL PROTECTION
At the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Learn about solar absorber construction and components,
- Learn how to design collector manifolds,
- Learn the benefits of, and how to design, a reverse-return system,
- Learn the benefits and drawbacks of internally and externally manifolded collector systems,
- Learn the fundamentals of solar collector selection and specification
- Learn about flow balancing for collector arrays,
- Learn the importance of, and how to do, pressure drop calculations, and
- Learn how to design and specify the collector, transport, storage and control sub-systems.