E – 1545 – ADA Update: A Primer for State and Local Government
Intended Audience: all engineers
PDH UNITS: 1
This online engineering PDH course provides general guid¬ance to assist State and local governments in understanding and complying with current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) require¬ments. The Department of Justice revised its regulations implementing the ADA in September 2010. The new rules clarify issues that arose over the previous 20 years and contain new requirements, including the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design (2010 Standards).
This course is based on the U.S. Department of Justice document, “ADA Update: A Primer for State and Local Government,” June, 2015.
At the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Persons protected under the ADA
- Persons who have responsibilities under the ADA
- General non-discrimination requirements
- Making the built environment accessible
- Use of ADA coordinators, grievance procedures, and self-evaluation plans
No Reviews found for this course.