E – 1353 Architectural Design: Theaters and Concert Halls, Vol 1 – Room Characteristics
Intended Audience: architects and engineers wanting an introduction to certain aspects of architectural design of concert halls and theatres.
PDH UNITS: 5
This publication provides an introduction to certain aspects of the architectural design of theaters and concert halls. Topics discussed include room characteristics, drama and music room qualities, house, stage, and primary and secondary uses. This publication is one of four in this series dealing with different aspects of the architectural design of concert halls and theatres.
2. ROOM CHARACTERISTICS
3. DRAMA ROOM QUALITIES
4. MUSIC ROOM QUALITIES
5. THE HOUSE
6. THE STAGE
7. PRIMARY AND SECONDARY USES
This course provides architectural design guidance for music and drama rooms in theaters and concert halls.
At the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Learn about internal and external room relationships;
- Learn what to consider in determining audience capacity;
- Learn the approach to designing small-scale rooms;
- Learn about vision factors in drama rooms;
- Learn about congruence of action and sound;
- Learn the basic Music Room qualities;
- Learn the important features of Drama Rooms;
- Learn how to control reverberations;
- Learn about seating area dimensionless; and
- Learn the importance of vertical relationship of the audience to the stage.
No Reviews found for this course.