E - 1269 Distillation and Condensation Techniques for Water Desalination
E – 1269 Distillation and Condensation Techniques for Water Desalination
Intended Audience: mechanical engineers, civil engineers, electrical engineers and other design and construction professionals
PDH UNITS: 3
This course will introduce you to techniques for water desalination using distillation and condensation technology. You will learn how to select an appropriate site for a desalination plant, how to evaluate water sources, principles of process selection, and the basic technology of water desalination using distillation and condensation processes.
1. Site Selection
2. Water Source Selection
3. General Process Selection
4. Distillation/Condensation Techniques
This course will give engineers and others an introduction to site, water source and process selection for water desalination using distillation and condensation techniques.
At the successful conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to identify and discuss:
- Learn about water storage and system modularization requirements.
- Learn how to select a water source.
- Learn how to evaluate the physical and chemical characteristics of the water source.
- Learn about the typical desalination process flow.
- Learn how to make the preliminary desalination process selection.
- Learn about distillation and condensation techniques.
- Learn about the multiple-effect vertical-tube evaporation process
- Learn about multistage flash distillation facilities
- Learn about the waste heat recovery evaporation process
- Learn about the vapor-compression vertical-tube distillation system
No Reviews found for this course.